Like button

Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lucky You Workout!

Today is March 1! What a great feeling a new month is, I loved it this morning when I woke up and I could feel the beginning of a new day, it was cool outside, but, spring is making itself known! New beginnings! I hope that you all feel that same sense of renewal in your days and your workouts. 



Today I will:

Breathe Victory,
Embrace Triumph,
and Live Boldly.
- more than yesterday,
I will REJOICE in what
I am and What I have
become. Discipline and
Dedication along with
Courage and Determination
made this celebration
mandatory. Life. Don't
forget to LIVE it.
from RX Star (www.rxstar.com)



Today is your lucky day! here is the workout:

 Thrusters and runs

Start at the fence with a bar.  Do 5 thrusters, run to the building, tag it, run back, you have 2 minutes to get done before the next set starts.   We will do 15 sets total! 


Parking lot suicide...use the lines of the parking lot to run 1 set of suicides when done with the thrusters.

"Tabata What?"
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are kettlebell swings, the second 8 are v-ups, the third 8 intervals are shoulder presses, and finally, the last 8 intervals are push ups. There is no rest between exercises.
 32 intervals total

LETS DO IT!
here's something that you can do at home to work on your core and upper body strength:
Alternating Tabata: 8 cycles of each (20 on / 10 off) 
Push-ups
Plank Hold
RACES! 
Do you have your spring races planned yet? We are running on April 21...anyone want to join us?

USMC Ultimate Challenge Mud Run

TWO 2012 DATES ANNOUNCED21 April 2012 and 13 October 2012


Warrior Dash - Black Tanktop
we are also planning to run the Warrior Dash in Huntersville, NC...




my favorite song for Spin Class this week...I use it for climbs with cadence increases on the chorus.
"my body tells me no-o, but i won't quit 'cuz i want more"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FitBlogger Member

Fitness Blog

Blog Frog