Like button

Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Conversation Piece

I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

 

love that quote! To me fitness is always something exciting to talk about! What better conversation is there than a new clean recipe, a cool workout, or someone's latest achievement! Speaking of conversations, what are yours like with YOURSELF? Most of the women I know do this all the time...me included! Are there times where you find yourself saying "I can't" or putting yourself down? This negative self talk is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  If you consistently tell yourself things like, "I can't do it," "I'll always be fat," you are talking yourself out of improving and living a healthier life. You're setting yourself up to fail. What are your negative self perceptions? Can you shift from seeing only the negative about yourself to seeing the positive? I challenge you to find the positive in the things about yourself, affirm yourself every day! You really ARE amazing - I promise!


Today's Workout...

40 yard dash outside, 15 times

......Partner workout! 400 meter run...kettlebell swing, 10reps.  dumbell shoulder press, 10reps.

                                                     24/20 box jump, 10 reps.

While one person is running 400m the other completes as many rounds of the three exercises. The person running starts the exercises where their partner ends up. The team that completes the most rounds in 25 minutes wins!

For Time:

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 reps of:

Thrusters

Burpees

Find out who you are and do it on purpose.
-Dolly Parton

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FitBlogger Member

Fitness Blog

Blog Frog