Like button

Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Burpee Challenge for June!

“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”


- Harriet Beecher Stowe

I am psyched!!! it's the first Tuesday in June, that means...100 Burpee Challenge today!
Warm up – you know what that means!!! 10 Minute Burpee Challenge!! As many burpees as you can do in 10 minutes! Goal is 100! Can you do it??? If you do meet the challenge, try to see how many you can do past 100. This is the 4th month we have done this and it has completely worn me out each time! I have yet to meet my goal of 120. Remember, FULL pushup...stay powerful....have a strategy...full overhead extension. 



What I have learned about this workout is that you have to have a strategy, I try to do 11 or 12 per minute, using the time left in the minute to recover. Then as soon as that minute is up, I do 11 or 12 more...if I can keep this up, I will have done way more than 100, right now, my goal is to get above 120. Remember, each of you is doing this at your own fitness level and so, set a goal before we start this and do your best to stick to it! I love how my whole upper body is screaming when this is over! The entire burpee movement has to be dynamic and very fluid without stopping along the way. However, if this is your first time learning the exercise, practice it slowly first a few times until you get the hang of it. Then speed it up.




The rest of class:

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 + 10 reps of
Kettlebell/Dumbell Swings,
DeadLift (one leg, alternating each set)
Overhead Squat

Run 40 meters after each round of Squats.
woohoo~~~ let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FitBlogger Member

Fitness Blog

Blog Frog