Like button

Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

BootCamp Hotties and a summer tomato quinoa recipe

check out Pressly, Julie and Jennifer sporting their cool t shirts and tanks!
rear view! cute!


Somehow I was forced to pull a double bicep pose...lol!
 My veggie garden is blowing up with Cherry tomatoes and basil, so, here is one way I will use them, a delish way to use one of my favorite grains, quinoa...pronounced KEEN-WAA


Quinoa Summer Salad
Ingredients: 

  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • About 1/2 to 2/3 cup cooked quinoa per person
  • 1 generous cup washed organic baby spinach leaves per person
  • A handful of organic grape tomatoes per person, halved
  • 1 scallion per person, washed, sliced
  • Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
  • Sprinkle of fresh or dried herbs- parsley, thyme, basil, or mint
  • Squeeze of fresh lemon juice 




Gently heat a large pan.  Pour in some extra virgin olive oil. Add the garlic; stir and warm the oil for a minute. Add the cooked quinoa and heat through.


Add the baby spinach leaves, tomatoes and scallions. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. sprinkle with herbs. Stir to mix. 





Sprinkle with lemon juice and stir. When the spinach begins to wilt remove from heat (I don't like soggy spinach so I cook this very quickly).



Perfect for a hot night, light and fresh and I love that I grew all the veggies and herbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FitBlogger Member

Fitness Blog

Blog Frog